Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Yesterday was a little bit of a nightmare for me. Nothing had been happening writing wise. Outside it was pouring rain and too friggen cold to even enjoy it. One room of my house was hotter than the sun, the next colder than outside. Someone pointed out an oops in my book and it sent me over the edge, I slept in too late, basically the world was out to get me. And then I get this.


Yes, that is a PAPERBACK version of Illumine. Yes, it has a shiny cover. I'm actually giddy as hell for having this come in the mail so soon. It was easily 3-4 days early, so I have to give a huge kuddos to CreateSpace for the speedy shipping. As soon as I got my hands on this a switch must have flipped somewhere, because my whole night went from sobbing to huge leaps of unicorn glitter inhaled giddiness, and it's still following me this morning.

One- I got my paperback proof. 'Nuff said.
Two- Someone randomly gave me a five star review on Amazon. My heart is still fluttering from that.
Three- My 2-liter of Mountain Dew wasn't flat.
Four- Fireflight released their new CD 'NOW' for pre-order on iTunes, and I grabbed their new single 'Stay Close' with a frenzy. This song is used heavily in my writing, so it was only fitting to buy it and stop replaying the YouTube video FINALLY.
Five- Won a dozen little cheesecake bites from a local bakery called the Itty Bitty Bakery on their Facebook page last night! Uhhh, can you say YUM?! Now I just need to plan a date to go down there, pick them up, and not eat the whole box in five seconds. Ahem.

That's it for me today. But I do have a little secret coming up awfully soon, so I'd keep your eyes peeled on here. You know, if you like super cool giveaways and all. ;)

Anyone else having a super cool Tuesday?

3 comments:

  1. Six- Katie updated her blog after two months! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Katie! I'm proud of you, you know that right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, just for updating my blog? I'm prouder of you for deciding to pull your book for a few hours to correct some things. :)

    ReplyDelete